Friday, March 03, 2006

Quick update

Well, that FCS story I mentioned got spiked. I thought it turned out decent, my editor liked it, but the brass who reviewed the story decided it needed to be "edited" to include more of their "talking points." From here on out, my role will be a concerted effort to keep my name off of whatever they wind up sending back.

Meanwhile, I've got another piece in the works on the Defense Department's relatively-new sexual assault reporting policy, which has been designed with some safeguards for victims to encourage more reporting.

This weekend, I'll be heading out to take pictures of a platform capabilities demonstration -- new vehicles from vendors eager to secure fat defense contracts. I'll post photos as soon as I know they're clear. The word is that these are not a replacement for FCS, but a possible interim measure.

If you need me, I'll be in my barracks room throwing darts at pictures of high-ranking officers and listening to Bad Religion.

-30-