Friday, October 14, 2005

Three New CDs

I bought three CDs on my trip up to Louisville for a football game tonight:

"The Moon and Antarctica," Modest Mouse.

These guys rock. A friend of mine turned me on to Modest Mouse a while back, and so far I've dug just about everything I've heard.


















"Greatest Hits," Blood, Sweat & Tears.

Out of nowhere one day years ago, Dad picked this record up, and I dug it. It's some great classic brass-section rock, and the first three tracks kick it.
















"Famous Monsters," the Misfits.

I don't know how to describe this one. It's a Michale Graves-era Misfits record, and seriously I think I prefer his vocals to Glen Danzig's. That's probably something like saying you prefer Sammy Hagar to David Lee Roth, but hey, there's no accounting for preference.

This record opens with "Kong at the Gates / The Forbidden Zone," and you can guess where it goes from there. We are the Fiend Club, baby.



That's all from me for now. Enjoy the weekend, humans.

-30-