Sunday, February 12, 2006

Dick Cheney shot a dude

Honestly, I was thinking about writing a post predicting every joke to be made this week about Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally filling a hunting buddy's mug full of bird shot, but I don't have the energy at the moment. Half of that has been from pulling two consecutive charge-of-quarters shifts, and the other half has been from laughing myself stupid at the fact that it happened.

I will predict that someone, however, will inevitably make a Dick Cheney/Elmer Fudd joke this week (odds are even-up on the Daily Show), and that the phrase "Dead-eye Dick" will be used, and further that a Photoshop junkie will make a fake movie poster featuring the promotional materials for "Tombstone," Cheney's face, and a reference to his chronic angina.

We'll see how things pan out. I'll be taking bets c/o the Funny Farm, Fort Knox.

-30-

UPDATE: Turns out I'm the Photoshopper. I couldn't resist.

UPDATE 2: Editor & Publisher reports that the White House delayed release of the story for 18 hours, and only released it when they did because a local reporter in Corpus Christi, Texas, was tipped off and started asking questions. Great PR move, guys. Why is it that thanks to publications like Us Weekly and People I can know exactly when the last time was that Angelina Jolie took a shit, but when the vice president accidentally shoots (or "sprays," in the terminology of presidential staffers) someone, it takes 18 hours to find out?