Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Resolution time

I haven't made much good on the idea I expressed a couple posts ago about "inspiration." But it hasn't been because I've been uninspired; I've just been busy. The last thing I wanted to do while I was home was sit around on the computer, coming up with invective to spray at individuals and groups which I've labelled as "idiots."

... or about anything else. Point is, I've been preoccupied with other activities, and it'll take me a couple days to get back into the swing of things here at Knox. Tonight, for instance, I'll be at a high school basketball game in Elizabethtown, which infuriatingly begins at 8 p.m.

Oh well. As the Good Doctor might say, Selah. Or, Cazart. Either one works here.

Meanwhile - I've made at least one other resolution for the year: quit smoking. I'm not excited about the prospect, but it sort of ties in with a determination I've made to get into better shape. I'd like to cut my run time down a bit, and not having a couple pounds of tar floating around in my alveoli can only help.

Modest goals, perhaps. But it's important to make them attainable -- at least for me.

More later. I'm out for now.

-30-