Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I want my MTV...

... and I want my chicks for free. Well, for better or for worse, MTVu sent a production team to Fort Knox to follow me around for a day last month. You can see how it turned out by going here. Click on "Watch the Feature" when you get to the page. Note: You'll need to use Internet Explorer to open their player.

It's a sort of "day-in-the-life" of an enlisted Army journalist. The sports event - a swim meet - that I had initially intended on covering that day was cancelled, so I took the guys to some tank training out at a nearby range. We got to walk around in the mud, which I thought was a pretty good Army-type activity.

Anyway... check it out. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll wonder where your last three minutes went.

-30-

UPDATE: I had problems getting the MTVu player to load properly. The video ran like a slide show. After much futzing around with Flash, I finally tried increasing the Windows Media Player buffer size to 20 seconds... worked like a charm. If you're having the same difficulty, just go into Media Player, open up Options, and go to the Performance tab. You can adjust the buffer setting there.

And you're still S.O.L. if you want to run it in Firefox or Netscape. Or on a Mac. In other words, it's Bill Gates' way or the highway for this one.

ANOTHER UPDATE AND SHAMELESS PLUG FOR MORE TRAFFIC: Open Post at the Mudville Gazette. Check 'em out.