Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Baseball, Tuesday, Al Franken writes a letter

Uhg. It's 10 a.m. and I'm exhausted. I was up covering the first round of the District 17 varsity baseball championships until about 11:30 last night (Knox dropped to Elizabethtown, 10-3, which is actually an improvement from the regular season).

I'm still tweaking the layout here, so bear with while I continue to settle in. The new Star Wars flick is continuing to generate headlines, and I continue to survive without having rushed out to go see it. There was a time in my life where I would have thought that going was very important, but now is definitely not that time.

What else, what else... ah yes. The judicial nominee filibuster business. I would have tried to treat this earlier, but the topic is so boring that my eyes cross whenever I think about it for more than three seconds, which basically precludes writing anything about it. The only way I've been able to get this paragraph out has been to keenly concentrate on the letterhead of the letter I received from Al Franken ("Dear person I haven't met...") asking me to contribute to Free Press.

Which I don't think I'm going to do. Not because of the fact I think Al Franken is an arrogant blowhard, and not because of the fact that I want Clear Channel to burn, but because I don't have a whole lot of extra cash floating around.

Anyway, I should get back to work. Hopefully the coffee will cut this fatigue down a bit.

-30-

Update: Check out the Mudville Gazette's "Zell Miller" post.